Saturday 5 January 2013

Big black brush strokes




Moving from the thick ink lines, i went to bigger brush strokes. I used the white paint on black paper only to make it more noticeable. What i like about this piece to the left is that you can see the lines in the thick white brush strokes. I swerved the big brush around the whole page, using my whole arm. I think this piece looks intense yet soft at the same time.                                                                                             











With this one at the bottom, it was the same process as to the one above however i went across the page in a straight line. I thought this gave it an interesting effect only because it looks like the lines shown on a sliced piece of  wood. The different sizes of each of the lines here is clearly portrayed.






What i did here was the opposite of what i did to the first picture above. Instead of using white strokes i used black.



This here i was trying to form a different line form, making it swirley. However to my perspective i find this a lot less appealing than the other ones above.




No comments:

Post a Comment