Saturday 5 January 2013

Drips

With these pieces of work i was inspired by Silvia Pelissero. After being fascinated with the use of her blank ink, i tried to try it myself. As i was being obsessed with using glue lately, what i did was put acrylic paint into the glue and use the same technique i did for the other pieces such as the one with cardboard, however instead i used brown paper. I flicked the glue onto the page and let it drip. After doing this i realized that i was getting off track from my project, how lines can be formed differently and displayed in a set limit of space. I was concerned that the flicked/ dripped lines itself on the brown paper would not be considered lines. So after worrying about this i dripped purple lines from the top and let it slide down the page. This was indeed a very messy experiment i did.







I began grow fond of using ink after doing the piece above, and experimented more. I tried to change it a bit more and used colour paper yellow and green. This one to the left is the original photo. The other photo below is touched up version and so is the green one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment